Monday, May 20, 2013

Blooms Everywhere!

It's irises time and peonies time, and roses time in Arlington.

My peach irises in side yard

Irises near one of the schools
 Closeup!

White irises in my backyard


...and blue irises in the background

Variegated iris blooming blue, white peony and catmint in my backyard

 Beautiful climbing rose that I've adored for years (the brick fence is at least 6 feet tall)

Pretty knock-out roses growing in street median

I, sadly, decided to dig out my two roses: the knockout rose neat garage was taken over by overgrown bush, and the climbing rose in the side yard was diseased and I did not care to spray it with necessary chemicals. Oh well, there's plenty to enjoy around.

More views of my flowers...



Oh yea, by the way, this Sunday (19th) I planted some scarlet runner beans. I read an article in The Washington Post about runner beans and had to have them.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers