Sunday, May 12, 2013

No More Room

Yesterday morning I went to Home Depot to use my gift card from Christmas. I picked up nine peppers:  three spicy ones (each different kind), three yellow bell peppers and three "snack-size" orange sweet peppers. I also got a pot with three basil plants, a rhubarb, a Japanese eggplant and three different zinnia seed packets. Then, since I was already in the neighborhood, I stopped for a very quick (really!) visit at Marrifield Garden Center where I scooped up lemongrass and eucalyptus. Oh yea, I also had ordered unthinkable number of dusty miller and celosia in the neighborhood plant sale (the best deal all around BTW, I got 48 plants for $20 and that included $2 donation!) The afternoon was spent planting and seeding everything. My little garden plot is filled to capacity. Right now everything looks orderly and neat, but that will change as plants grow. I'm glad I used plant markers; they have been very helpful.
 Rhododendron 'Nova Zembla' that I planted in March is now blooming.
 It should grow much bigger in the coming years.
 Azalias in backyard

 Catmint


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers